1925: In September of 1925 members of Zion Lutheran Church and Concordia Lutheran Church, living in the southeast area of Fort Wayne received permission from their respective congregations to open a branch school. A portable building was purchased and located in the 3200 block of Alexander Avenue.
1926: In January, 1926, regular Sunday morning services were held in the portable building as a convenience for the members living in the immediate neighborhood. In July, those attending these services petitioned their respective congregations to organize a new congregation. Having obtained the necessary authorization, the new congregation was formally organized in September, 1926. Forty-six men signed the constitution, and thus, became charter members of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. In March, 1927, the congregation applied for membership in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
1929: Preliminary plans were made for a new building to house both church and school on newly purchased property on Anthony Boulevard. The cornerstone of the new school building was laid on September 15, 1929. The building was dedicated on January 26, 1930 to serve both as school and church.
1939: Plans for a new church proceeded in 1939. The cornerstone was laid on November 5th of that year, and the new church building was dedicated on August 4, 1940.
Membership: The congregation consisted of 1,034 souls, 670 confirmed members, and 182 children enrolled in the day school. The Sunday School had an enrollment of 191.
1947: Ground was broken for a new education building.
1955: The final addition of five classrooms, a kitchen, cafeteria and gymnasium was dedicated in September of 1955.
1958: The school enrollment grew to 693. It was the largest elementary school in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod at that time.
1965: Three new bells were installed and dedicated to the glory of God.
1966: A new pipe organ, a "Queen of Musical Instruments" was dedicated on March 27th and placed into service to praise God and exalt the Lord of the Church.
1980: A food bank, in conjunction with the Associated Churches of Allen County, was established at Bethlehem.
2009: Bethlehem Lutheran School, Zion Lutheran Academy and Unity Lutheran School merged to form Lutheran South Unity School located at 5401 S. Calhoun.